Full-time and long term | Join our international team in Amsterdam
This is your opportunity to join a fast growing startup and make your mark. As Tripaneer continues to expand our business globally, we are always looking for the best and brightest who share our passion for enriching lives through unforgettable travel experiences. We are currently looking for an experienced Software Developer to join us in building a global leader in multi-day themed travel experiences.
We are looking for a software developer who can take ownership of projects from start to finish. You will be responsible and expected to deliver reusable-maintainable code, as well as understand the impact of your code on the whole infrastructure and your changes should be motivated by a business reason.
- Develop scalable, flexible and high performance systems
- Solve issues on current infrastructure
- Collaborate with the team to prioritize new projects based on customer impact
- Excellent English communication skills
- 5+ years of relevant development experience in backend web stack (D, Java, C++, C#)
- Experience in implementing RESTful web services and web applications
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of MySQL (or similar)
- Proficient user with source control management git/bitbucket and Jira
- Experience investigating and solving performance problems
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- eCommerce experience
- Collaborative and team oriented
- Pragmatic and down to earth approach
- Willingness to learn our proprietary tools
- Plus experience with Cloud experiences (AWS), ElasticSearch
Qualities and Characteristics:
- You enjoy working in a young, rapidly developing start-up environment.
- You are eager and willing to learn new technologies, tools or approaches.
- You are a team player and enjoy working towards a common goal with a group of like-minded people.
- You are meticulously results-driven, and will not rest until you fully understand the answer to a problem or spotted issue.